This Month in History
May goes down in history for
- 1952 - Mr. Potato Head is introduced.
- 1934 - Academy of Motion Pictures is founded
- 1934 - The World's largest pearl (6.4kg.) was discovered in the Philippines.
- 1970 - The Beatles last album is released- "Long and Winding Road".
- 1952 - Mad Magazine hits the newsstands.
- 1886 - The syrup for Coca Cola is invented by Atlanta Pharmacist John Styth Permerton.
- 1899 - The lawnmower is patented.
- 1994 - Nelson Mandela becomes South Africa's first black president.
- 1916 - Einstein's presents his Theory of General Relativity.
- 1965 - The Rolling Stones record the now infamous song "Satisfaction".
- 1804 - Napoleon Bonaparte becomes Emperor of France
- 1978 - The movie blockbuster "Star Wars" is released.
- 1941 - German battleship Bismarck sunk by British navy.
- 1953 - Sir Edmund Hillary is on top of the world. He is the first person to reach the summit of Mt. Everest.
© The Brightwater Commons | Printed from www.brightwatercommons.co.za/archive/07_valentines.html